It’s Fall in the Northwest again, and it’s time to get ready for the weather to change back to rainy and gray days. While this can be a depressing thought, there’s also things to look forward to, like the holiday season. Before you have that party or family get-together, here are some things you can still take care of while the weather is warm:
- Wash windows inside and out, dust window sills that are maybe out of reach.
- While at the window area, check drapes and window treatments. Vacuum any dust; send dirtier drapes to the cleaners.
- Move furniture and vacuum beneath it.
- Arrange for a spring inspection of cooling systems. Don’t wait for the first hot day! Air conditioning firms will give better service when they’re not busy.
- Drain sediment from hot water heaters.